I looked at my submissions tracking list and realised that I have submitted a short story almost every month since January. Well, if you take into account the fact that I submitted two in Feb, that makes up for the non-submission in March. Oh wait, and two in January too (not counting the stuff I edited to submit for fellowships). I've had 3 rejections so far (boohoo) and I'm waiting for the other 4 to be rejected (hahaha; yay self esteem.).
Things I'm currently (or should be) working on:
- The short story for submission to Insignia, which will probably happen because I just need to sit down and edit the darned thing. Especially the ending.
- The novella for submission to Tor, which will probably not happen because I am terrible at SciFi; I think I am going to abandon my ridiculous attempt which is going nowhere. At least I'll be able to recycle these plot bunnies in something else.
- Putting together the script for next month's drama thing, which I NEED TO CHASE PEOPLE FOR. OI.
- Revising Semicolon and possibly getting people to workshop it because I really want to do something with that script but it's just not really working. Ugh.
- The Christmas Thing (sigh), both for my church, and for my godfather's church, because I always overcommit and cannot say no. Yikes.
- Editing the Snow Queen retelling which is actually written but I don't know if I like enough.
- ABSOLUTION. I need to finish Absolution and rewrite it. No matter what I think I want to work on, it always comes back to this one. For some reason, my spirit is telling me that this is key, even though I don't know why.
- Putting together Codes as a single, because I can. And hey, the more I throw out there on the market, the better, right? I think.
- The Wide Open Drabble I want to do for LUMA's Wide Open exhibition
- Probably a flash for the #mywriters' Penang chapbook we're planning?
Yeah. So help me God. lol
Anyone has like an hour or so to do a quick beta/critique of a short story for me? :D